Holistic wellness is essential to living in fullness. It is this desire for holistic wellness that marked every step of Amanda’s yoga journey.
Acquainted with yoga as a fitness regime in 2007, Amanda realised over time that the yogic practice brought about greater transformation from within. Being on the mat is like a space for self-discovery and reflection, revealing one’s strengths and weaknesses. It was through committed practice that Amanda attained awareness and empowerment from yoga that grounded her throughout life’s different seasons.
Being naturally hypermobile in her joints and having various structural misalignments from a young age, Amanda was always susceptible to clumsiness and injuries. Through the practice of yoga, she has learnt various ways on pain management and strengthening of naturally loose joints for protection and stability.
This led to her progressive study on yoga, functional movement and its application to daily life.
Through her interest and further study in yoga therapy, she believes the therapeutic application of yoga can prevent and manage many psychosomatic ailments that are caused by stressors in the modern day lifestyle.
She also has the love of teaching kids and believes yoga is a complete system to help them grow healthily and happily.
Amanda advocates the practice of yoga to empower others to live to their fullest. She creates and ensures a safe, nurturing and sustainable practice environment through the guidance of proper alignment, posture and body-spacial awareness.
Amanda’s teaching is influenced by styles of Hatha and Vinyasa flow yoga. She embraces the affinity of music and yoga by taking the class through the pace of metronome beats and specially curated music playlist. They facilitate rhythm, breath, movement, flow, harmony and sequence, reflecting on the equilibrium of the body, mind, soul and spirit.
With yoga as a key to self-healing and self-awareness, Amanda continuously encourage students to attain their inner bliss, strength and love through the rhythm and flow of her class, that they may take it off the mat and enrich their daily lives.
Aside being a yoga teacher, Amanda has been an established musician and DJ for the past 14 years. Her passion and skills in music and yoga has led her into her specialised niche of combining these 2 elements of fluidity and dynamics to create meaningful experiences for people through music and movement.
She has been invited to perform as live DJ for major Yoga+Music Festivals in Singapore and smaller intimate yoga events. Her interest in the holistic aspect of music and yoga has brought her deeper into the discovery of sound therapy with Tibetan Singing Bowls.
She has started her sound healing journey with Tibetan Singing Bowls after taking a few workshops from her teacher Akiko Igarashi, in late 2015. Her fervour in the continual learning and study at Shima Healing has led her to be in an apprenticeship program for the year 2017 at the centre.
She is deeply inspired by the healing wonders of sound vibrations after experiencing some transformational shifts from within after working with the bowls. Her musical and yogic sensibilities serves as a great foundation and understanding in her singing bowl and sound journey. This propelled her to expand to her current pursuit of online Sound Healing Audio Production Certificate Course ( Globe Sound and Consciousness Institute,San Francisco), producing sound healing music . She is excited to share this healing modality and serve the community through collaboration in conducting workshops and events, raising awareness to uplift one’s experiences in a soulful and purposeful way. She is also available for private treatment sessions that are personalised to help with various ailments and wellbeing.
Life Motto: Less is More.
Interests: Music, Travel, Cooking, Essential Oils, Books, Coffee, Chocolate, Whisky, Food , Science and Metaphysics, Personal Development, Spirituality.
- 50-Hour Yin Yoga Basic Teacher Training , Victor Chng, Yin Yoga in Asia, 2017
- The Science of Private Lesson Online Training, Francesca Cervera Yoga and Wellness, 2015
- Business of Yoga, presented by Yoga Journal, Justin Michael Williams and Karen Mozes, 2015
- Yoga Therapy (Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthan Yoga University,Bangalore,India) - Vyasa Yoga Singapore 2014
- 200- Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training - Vikasa Yoga, Koh Samui 2012
- 95-hour Yoga Alliance Childrens' Yoga Teacher Training- Global Family Yoga (Om Shiva Yoga),Singapore 2012
- Shima Healer Within - Shima Healing Koh Yao Noi: Academy for Sound and Energy Heaing, 2017
- Tibetan Singing Bowl Therapy - Shima Healing Koh Yao Noi: Academy for Sound and Energy Healing, 2016
- Nutrition, Health and Lifestyle: Issues and Insights - Vanderbilt University, Coursera.org, 2014
- Usui Reiki Level Two Workshop Certification - Basic Essence ,2014
- Usui Reiki Level One Workshop Certification - Basic Essence ,2011
- Quantum Touch Level One Workshop Certification -The Quantum Touch Singapore, 2010